01

Monday, October 27, 2014

Our Halloween Porch

Halloween is just around the corner.. We spent this past weekend updating our front porch, making it a little more Halloween and cleaning up all the leaves.. We raked and filled LOTS of leaf bags and made a stuffed 'Leaf man'. Nicknamed 'Dude' by my husband and daughter.  See below for some of our subtle decor tweaks on how we made our
 Fall Porch a little more Halloween..  
Shared with Moonlight and Mason Jars link party over at Cherished Bliss 
Below is a snapshot from our Neutral fall home tour.. If you missed it Click here. I'm not really a huge decorator for Halloween but this year I wanted to do something to make it fun for our daughter. We changed the 'Autumn Banner' to a 'Boo' Banner.. Which seemed appropriate as it is one of our daughter's favourite words.. it has been for months now!! Most of the time she says it instead of Hi, so it's really fitting for this time of year. 
Behind our festive Straw bench I added another vintage frame. Inside the frame I hung a Burlap 'Trick or Treat' Banner available at my Mom's Etsy Shop. With all the raked up extra leaves we made our leaf man 'Dude'.. As a kid this was a family tradition with my Sister and our Papa.. So I want to make sure we carry on the tradition with our daughter. .
For 'Dudes' head we used one of those plastic orange jack-o-lanterns that I covered in pieces of Newspaper to make it a little more scary and modern it up a bit!! It was a pretty easy nap time project.. 
Here are some easy steps on how I updated our plastic pumpkin. First I ripped pieces of newspaper. Then I used mod podge and stuck the newspaper pieces all over the orange plastic pumpkin.. Once the pumpkin was covered in paper and dried, I painted the inside of the eyes, nose and mouth in a Black Acrylic craft paint. I then covered the green plastic stem in some jute rope and lightly painted the rope with the same black paint.
Modern Pumpkin Update
Our daughter was happy with how it all turned out! She loves her leaf man 'Dude'

Don't miss a Post.. Follow 2perfectiondecor.blogspot.ca on BLOGLOVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment