01

Monday, December 15, 2014

Neutral Powder Bath Reveal

So this little powder bath went under one crazy before and after.. and guess what.. I have no pictures to prove it?? No idea how it happened!!??.. It was one of the first projects we conquered here at our new home.. So I think I was a little overwhelmed to say the least ;) So you will just have to take my word.. The Before had dark grey painted walls on the bottom half with a dated patterned wallpaper on the upper half separated by a hideous wallpaper border!! It appeared very dark with horrible tiny wall wall sconce for lighting.. And since this is the only bathroom on the main floor, I knew we had to update it.. It is still not entirely complete.. But since I've given you tours of our whole main floor thus far I felt it was only fair to let you in our bathroom progress.. We still need new toilet paper and towel hardware, a new faucet, possibly a new vanity with storage ( I bought a vintage dresser, Just not sure if I will use it in this space or not?) 
Here is the only before picture I have... Its basically of our hall with the Powder Bathroom door open in the back :( It was when we had just finished patching all the holes after removing the ugly patterned wallpaper..
Once we removed all the horrible wallpaper, we painted the walls BM Elmira White. This bathroom is still a work in progress .. Hopefully soon we will be adding some wall mouldings to complete the look ;)
Currently we have a simple yet efficient pedestal sink. I like the look but would love to have added storage.. we shall see what we decide to do next.. 
Currently I used a wire basket to hold extra toilet paper rolls and to the right is a little rustic wood stool for our daughter... The wood stool is pretty and functional, So I had to buy 2 for our other bath! 
This is the view from the main Hall.. We hung art on the largest wall as soon you walk in..We hung our Shell shadow box art from our previous Master Ensuite.. I wanted this room to be calming and neutral and flow with our whole main floor.
I thought I'd avoid an odd toilet shot ;) A smaller square shadow box hangs above the toilet.
The round oil rubbed bronze mirror is a fairly new purchase this year. I love how changing a simple mirror in the bathroom can make such a difference in a space.
New Vanity Light. Its part of The Archie collection by Progress Lighting.
The light is a little more industrial than I normally go.. But i thought it flowed perfectly with the round mirror.
Never underestimate a good patterned towel.. I keep everything pretty basic so I always love to add a little detail with a pretty hand towel. 

Thanks for looking today!!

Our FULL Main Floor Reveal will be this Wednesday.

Shared With:
Finding Silver Pennies - Silver Pennies Sundays
Cedar Hill Farmhouse - The Scoop #149
Sand & Sisal - Inspire me Monday
A Stroll Thru Life - Inspire me Tuesday
Cozy little House - Tweak it Tuesday

 Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!




No comments:

Post a Comment