01

Friday, March 6, 2015

Girl's Playroom Reveal

Here is our daughters play haven...It is a smaller room just off our basement Family Room. Anyone following me knows I love my neutrals and whites, This is the one true spot where the more colour the better ;) Our daughter is the most important thing to us so we wanted to give her a space to remember.. When I was younger I had a playroom and I remember all the fun I used to have with my sister playing dress up or kitchen. See how we created a special room for our Daughter Elle. 


The room is painted in Benjamin Moore Touch of Pink
Polka dot wall decals make all the difference.. They took some time to put up.. But if you tire of them  in the future they are super easy to remove.. Find more info here.

This bookcase was a ReStore find for only $8!!! I painted it in Annie Sloan Old White Chalk paint. 
I made this art for our daughters room as large art can get very expensive.. I actually recovered a canvas painting I had painted years ago. I used a piece of pink gingham fabric, I just simply staple gunned the fabric at the back.. Then I hung jute rope strings and pinned a long vintage inspired postcards with clothespins that I picked up in the $1 bins at Michaels.
A stuffed cow rocker sits in the corner of her playroom. It was a gift from her Auntie Coco. Our daughter loves riding her Moo Moo!!
Her chalkboard is a chalkboard easel from Ikea.. $20 gets you this great wooden frame.
 To make it flow better with her playroom decor I made a few simple changes.. See the details HERE
I found this adorable distressed pink tool/planter box at our local garden store. I loved how it had a chalkboard on it, now it stores her chalk and crayons perfectly.
We had built-in shelves made by our contractor when he finished the basement. The open shelving  showcase some Vintage decor, like a Breadbox and a phone that I spray painted white.
The Dream Burlap and button frames were made by this great Etsy shop.  Have I mentioned I love Etsy!!
Underneath the built-ins I created a comfy resting spot for our daughter to play.. full of handmade pillows made by her Grammie and I.
The louvered lavender cabinet is another ReStore find.. $14 and I didn't have to do a thing to it but clean it! ;) On top of the cabinet I placed pretty tissue paper poms from her first birthday party.
Her fabulous play mat lays in the centre of her playroom. Its super padded and comfy, we originally  bought it for our previous family room when our daughter was learning to crawl...Now its a great spot to sit and play and learn the alphabet.
Double Louvered closet doors hide extra toys and storage..
The Custom Personalized Playroom Banner is from my Mom's Etsy shop
I paired it with a Shabby Chic Garland also from ETSY.
We hung a this cute round Restoration Hardware Kids Chalkboard off the door knob as a initial door hanger.
More Basement reveals to come..

 Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful room! I would have loved to have such a sweet girly room when I was a little girl!

    ReplyDelete