01

Friday, April 3, 2015

Framed Map Before and After

Today I am sharing a simple way to change up your artwork. Recently I picked up a large framed map from my local ReStore for only $4. It was a fabulous large size frame with perfectly intact glass.  Even if I hated the art it was still a good deal.. But lucky for me.. I LOVED the map!! I just wasn't a fan of the black glossy frame so I painted it and covered the matting. 
See the simple details below..

The frame was in great condition. I just wasn't a fan of the colouring. I covered the basic white matting with a glue stick and traced the matting on some neutral linen fabric that I had hanging around. Once I cut the fabric to size I secured the edges with white glue on the back and poof a new matting with a whole new look. 
To go with a coastal Guest Bedroom I painted the glossy black frame in Annie Sloan Pure White chalk paint. 
I just love how it turned out. Now it hangs perfectly in our basement Guest Bedroom.. 
Our Full Guest Bedroom Reveal is coming soon...

Shared With:

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment