01

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Master Bedroom Full Reveal - Part 2

I have been wanting to share our bedroom for the longest time now but I have been procrastinating on a few things.. Its the one room in our house where things just end up?? I tend to keep most rooms in our house pretty tidy so I think that's why our room tends to be where the disaster takes place as most guests don't see our space. My goal this year is to try and put things away right away.. sounds easy.. not so much for me anyways! Which has led us to many recent organizational changes in our home.. so excited to share them all with you soon. So finally on to our Bedroom decorating ;).. We chose to go with a soft serene palette of layered neutrals mostly white, taupe's and beige's. I wanted our bedroom to be a relaxing and peaceful place. It makes me calm, even when its messy ;). Its our little retreat. See how we decorated it below... 


If you missed my previous post I thought I'd include a picture of our Bedroom before.. decorated by the previous owners.. See the full detailed Before pictures HERE.
Painting the walls to BM Elmira White and adding Horizontal striped wallpaper made all the difference in creating interest and lightening the room.
 
Our bed frame is a Linen headboard with chrome nail head detail. It's the Colette Bed from Crate and Barrel. For bed linens its a mix of natural materials. I just love, love the look of lots of layered pillows. Our white cotton pinched pleat duvet cover is one of our newest purchases for the room. We used to have a pin tucked comforter but it was a sateen material.. When I found this cotton one at Target I couldn't have been happier. I love natural materials and this one is so soft. It does wrinkle easily but it just lends to the relaxed look I want throughout. 
Behind the chair is this metal bookcase that I picked up from my local thrift store for a mere $3!!! Its gone through quite the transformation thanks to white spray paint.. See the full makeover HERE.
Eventually I hope to get a new bedroom set, but for now we are using my solid wood childhood set that we refinished in an antique white paint. Above the dresser is a vintage mirror from a thrift shop from years back.
This light gray multi drawer mini dresser holds all my extra jewelry. 
On our dresser is an eclectic mix of new and vintage items. The vintage boxes hold a few of my trinkets, while the newer glass boxes hold my spare glasses while the other holds all my hubby's watches.. The antique picture is an picture of my grandmother and her brother when they were just kids.. I always remember this picture being hung in my grandparents Den when I was younger. So when they passed I just knew I needed to have a copy of it somewhere in my home. 
Here is a great shot of our bedroom that I captured through our vintage art deco style mirror.
I changed out the black curtain rods to these simple white ones from Ikea. Linen polka dot drapes and  white Ikea Vivan Sheers frame our window. 
This antique looking bench was a Homesense find a few years ago, I just loved the woven top.
My two favourite vintage pieces in our room are these striped matching luggage set and the matching antique Saks Fifth Avenue hat boxes.
When we purchased this house we did some Reno's to expand the closet in this bedroom to the linen closet on the other side from our hall. Because we removed the mirror sliders and added a wall for extra interior closet space. I now have a spot to lean our full Floor length bevelled mirror.
I have a little photo and note collage behind our bedroom door.. Its really just a few pics dear to us of our family, mostly just for us to see once our bedroom door is closed.
In the empty wall space above my vanity I hung this metal floral scroll piece. The antique vanity comes in handy for storing all my makeup but for some reason I never seem to do my makeup here.. maybe because I have a very busy 2 year old :) I always just seem to end up in our Master Ensuite bathroom or in a parking lot somewhere!
On top of the Vanity I have a collection of vintage items mixed with some jewelry from our wedding. 
 
Here is a sneak peek into our Master Ensuite Bathroom.. I will be posting the full bathroom reveal really soon. 

Shared post:

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

4 comments:

  1. The room is so beautiful! Looks like a wonderful spot to hang out in! I have the same bench as you and it is a favorite piece of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, it's so beautiful. Love all the neutrals and that bed looks so inviting. I really like the use of all the linens and the scrollwork and the B&B sign have to be my favourites. Well done, it's a real transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    Such an elegant, tranquil Master Bedroom, dear one!!!
    I adore the blending and mixing of vintage pieces!!!
    Those suitcases exude Classic style!!!
    I understand a busy toddler. . .perhaps and evening "beauty routine" in this space for a moments pampering is in store in your near future!!!
    Thank you for inviting me into your lovely home!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete