01

Monday, October 12, 2015

Using oars as wall decor

It all started with a great garage sale find a few months back.. I found these 2 oars at a street sale for $5 for the pair!! I knew I wanted another one to complete our family room wall and the other was used in our sons nursery. See how they look now by clicking below.
   
In order to hang it on the wall I ordered these great Dock / boat cleats. Ours are from this Etsy shop CoconutBeech.. or you can buy a galvanized one from Home Depot and paint it yourself.

 For the other oar,  It's going into our sons nursery. I decided to paint it BM Newburyport blue.. the same color as the Wooden Alphabet Wall to go with the rest of our sons nautical nursery theme. 

Once it had a navy base coat of paint I added faux grain sack stripes. I used our trusty green frog tape to mark stripes.The white stripe is painted in BM Cloud white. 
Hope you enjoyed.. Have a great week!

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment