01

Monday, November 9, 2015

Garage Sale find Sign Tweak

I found this wood welcome sign at a garage sale during the summer.. It was way to country for my style but I loved the arch shape at the top of wood.. and for only $2 I thought why not?? So once I got it home I had to find a wall for it (I am running out of prime wall space!).. I had the perfect empty spot in my Kitchen.. so I wanted it to be Kitchen themed.. so keeping it slightly country.. more french country and updated I went with a Farm theme. Farm Fresh Apples only 25 cents.. Now it adds a touch of vintage charm to the corner of our kitchen.

I painted the wood base in Driftwood by Cottage chalk paint, then once dried I stenciled
 'Farm fresh apples' with a price.. don't you just WISH apples were only 25 cents!! 
Lastly to give the sign the aged look that I envisioned, I rubbed the sign with Annie Sloan dark wax
Now we have a cute french country sign for our kitchen eating area



Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment