01

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Christmas Banister ~ Burlap Garland

This year for Christmas I really wanted to decorate our stairs and banisters as they are a huge focal point of our main floor. So for an inexpensive alternative to the classic Greenery boxwood or pine garland, I went with cotton muslin and burlap!! Don't get me wrong I absolutely love the look of greenery its just that it gets so darn expensive for faux garland and the fresh stuff can really add up too.. especially since I have a ton of railings to cover! See more on our Burlap Garland by clicking below...

I purchased 2 rolls of 6" finished edged Burlap Ribbon and 2 yards of Cotton muslin fabric for the bows all from Hometex.ca. To make the bows I simply ripped 4 1/2" strips by cutting the fabric and literally pulling it apart so It had a nice casual frayed look. Its simple but still looks elegant as bows. 
I lifted the burlap every 3 ft or so to create the loop with just the muslin bows.. In all it added a relaxed casual elegance to our entry and family room as its the sight line from all areas of our home.
I will be sharing our Full Christmas Home Tour Saturday.. Have a good week!

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment