01

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Holiday Decor in our Living Room

Our living room got decked out for the holidays.. after all it's the first room you see when you walk into our home. I kept the look fairly traditional this year with natural elements along with touches of red and green.. See all the details by clicking below..

The main focal point of our living room is our Ikea liatorp bookshelves, for the holiday season I changed up some of the eye candy on the shelves to make it look more festive. I decorated the top of our media unit just like I would a mantel, by adding a few faux pine branches, a jute strand of metal bells with big wooden 'Believe' blocks... On the upper shelves I leaned a country Christmas wooden sign beside a trio of faux mini Christmas trees.
I love decor, little details make me happy.. A few weeks back I found these cute candy cane planter sticks at a local craft sale, so I placed them in a antique wooden barrel paired with some birch sticks.
For our coffee table decor this year I went with a star theme, using various wooden stars as the centerpiece, I kept the look grounded and neutral by using different shaped stars and even covering one with a glass cloche.
Pillows, Pillows and more whimsical pillows.. my hubby hates it! I LOVE them.. You can never have enough ;) So for the holiday season its no different, I found these cute Christmas themed pillows at Chapters indigo and made the ticking stripe one myself.
I found this simple birch star garland at my local green house for only $5!!! The wood 'Peace' sign I made from a piece of extra cedar wood that I had stained.
Greenery is oh so important for the holidays, I hung these preserved boxwood wreaths vertically off my antique inspired door while the faux branches help make our TV media centre less white and more green and festive. 
If you missed our Porch & Hall Reveal you can see it HERE

Hope your holiday plans are coming together, stay tuned for more room reveals soon...

Shared with:

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment