01

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Our Holiday Kitchen & Dining Room

Oh my gosh ONE more Sleep!! :) I actually feel pretty prepared this year.. shocker.. Everything is wrapped, presents are hidden in a big laundry basket for easy travel to under the tree! :) Hope you are in the same boat, if not, you still have one more day! Well this is the last of our Christmas Home Tours..  Scroll down to see our Dining Room and Kitchen all decked out for the holidays..

 This year I took a 'less is more' approach, time was a huge factor.. not much of it so I stuck with Simple Festive touches.. a Holiday Centrepiece will set the tone.. I filled our antique dough bowl with pine cones and shimmery glittery pears.. the glitter is what made it 'christmas-y'
I hung a simple grapevine wreath off my dining hutches knobs and draped a burlap 'Joy' Banner off the wreaths twigs. On top of our hutch I added faux greenery, a galvanized olive bucket and a shimmery reindeer to tie in with the pears. You can see our Living and Dining room decorated for Christmas Last year HERE
Onto our Farmhouse Kitchen and Eating area now.. I hung a home-made star dough garland from our chalkboard..
I kept our table centrepiece classic with a ticking stripe table runner with 2 large hurricane vases. Inside the vases I placed tall white pillar candles inside filled with a base of yummy scented cinnamon sticks..
In our little decor niche in our breakfast area I added some subtle festive touches.. A antique apple basket full of gold sprayed pine cones and 2 preserved boxwood trees
In the main Kitchen Area we added little touches of red to tie into the rest of our homes holiday decor. Off our weekly chalkboard I hung a red striped jute webbing banner that I made.. On our mini kitchen island I added a metal bowl of jute pears and balls with some fabric candy canes. And of course a red striped grain sack inspired tea towel. And for a glitter and glam a wooden snowflake leaned against our decorative hood fan. See how we tweaked our builder grade hood HERE.
See how we decorated our kitchen LAST CHRISTMAS HERE


Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment