01

Monday, June 6, 2016

Painted Books for a little girls room

This is a super fun and pretty way to jazz up any old books you may have lying around your house... If you don't have any you can check out either your local thrift store OR ReStore. I've had luck at both stores and found great books for approx. $1 each. And with summer great deals can be found at Garage sales too.. See how with a little paint and stencils these old books look girly and new again.

Above you can see how I painted the reddish vintage hard covered books with some Annie Sloan Antoinette Pink Chalk Paint. After 2 coats most books were covered and then I just went over a few spots that needed touch ups.
 On the front of the books I used large stencils that I already had to make a script font of our initials. On the back of all the books I added 'No.1' etc..

Then I took little stencils and numbered each of the books along the books bindings.

For the varying white fonts I used Annie sloan chalk paint in Pure. 
You can see our daughters full Nursery Reveal HERE. I will be posting her big girl bedroom soon. ;)

           Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email or Bloglovin! 

Shared with:

No comments:

Post a Comment