01

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Antique Wash Basin Stand into Vanity Makeover

First let me say.. Sorry. I know I have been MIA for a while.. This summer has just been super busy with the kids... So today I am here to share a bit of what we have been up to over here.. One of our recent DIY's is this Antique wash basin stand.. I got it on an online auction for $50! So with a budget of approx. $300 and by mixing up some old with the new I was able to create our new modern farmhouse Vanity. 


The stand was in  'OK' condition overall.. but the raw look wasn't the look I was going for. Instead I knew I wanted to paint it... So I ended up using some left over paint from our Basement Bathroom Reno. I painted it Benjamin Moore Lake Grey.
First I removed the original towel bar and filled in any holes and scuffs that needed to be buffed out... Painted it and then more recently I added these simple vintage looking latch to keep the doors from opening. (Sorry it's a mix of pics, with and without the vintage looking latch..Its hard to get a good picture due to no natural light)
I topped the antique dresser with this more modern farmhouse vessel sink.. with the addition of this simple waterfall / pump looking faucet.. Which is a fairly new faucet purchase that I was able to re-use from our previous sink/vanity... Together it has worked out great cause it made the new sink the perfect height!
This is how our Powder Bathroom looked BEFORE:
Even the floor grout got painted.. I love this!!! It looks like new flooring. 
Minimal time for a huge change!!  It's just white paint.. You can see our Laundry floors here that by the way still look great!
Stay tuned for more of what we've been up to.. I'll try to post more frequent now! :)
Hope your all enjoying the Summer Sun!

Source List:
Vessel Sink- Rona Online
Basin Dresser- Antique Auction 
Stool- Joss and Main
Mirror- Homesense
Soap Pump- Homesense
Chateau Tin (holds toilet paper) - Local Garden Centre
Relax shell sign - Homesense

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin and Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment