01

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Our Family Room Lately

Just before I show you our family room decorated for Fall later this week I thought I'd share how it has been looking for the last few months.. I was meaning to share this earlier ;(.. It's just been quite a hectic summer... So this year I decided to switch up the colour scheme in our family room just a little bit.. Though I LOVED last years Navy Summer theme.. This year I went with touches of soft aquas with the neutrals you all know I love so much.. See all the details below..



Coastal style decor is one of my favourite styles.. so of course I get super giddy when I get to pull out all my nautical decor that has been hiding all winter long ;).. Boats, various types and sizes of shells, coral, ropes, stripes and a swim sign all help transform the look and feel of our Family room into a more coastal, relaxed vibe I love so much.
Since last summer we have changed up a few things.. We added board and batten and painted the wall behind our two chairs.. Added a new huge family picture frame behind our sectional and even changed out the basic lamp shade of our floor lamp to a cute polka dot one.
 For the Coffee table.. aka Vintage trunk ..I added a small stack of these Pottery Barn decor books with this great Glass Cloche.. Gosh I love this cloche.. I have even been dreaming of decorating it for Winter ;) It's definitely some sort of a 'decor sickness' lol!
 Here you can really see the changes from last year.. We added a board and batten panelling behind the chairs as I mentioned before.. If you're interested you can see more on that HERE. I love the way the board and batten adds even more detail to our round wall.. what a great back drop for our chairs ;) Though the navy pillows really popped on these chairs.. this year I went with a more subdued neutral striped pillow so our wedding portrait would be more of the focus. It's amazing what simply changing the pillows can do to a space!
 I kept our Mantle simple for summer.. I used galvanized lanterns and this art that I purchased once we got back from our house rental in Florida this past spring. Wow I was in love with the house we stayed at and all the gorgeous decor and art pieces.. This is a smaller piece from the artist, but I just had to have it! It's a great reminder of our fabulous trip. Now I just need to find a new home for it.. so I can see it year round!
I recently changed the baskets that I had in our media unit.. though I LOVED the real wood/wicker baskets I had in there since we moved in.. I am a MOM and my kids realistically love to sit in them, slide them out and take out all the stuff inside!! You know.. PLAY!! :) SO mommy's wood ones kept getting little pieces of wood everywhere!! everyday!! multiple times a day.. and with a one year old I have to have eyes at the back of my head as it is.. so I couldn't take all the vacuuming anymore lol.. so then I found these striped canvas ones from Ikea they are the next best thing.. and no more constant cleaning when the kids play. Yay! :)
Later this week I will be sharing our Family Room fully decorated for Fall. 
Stay tuned and have a great week! :)

Source List:
Sectional - Ikea Ektorp
Chairs - Vintage
Nesting Tables - Vintage
Canvas striped storage boxes- Ikea Svira
swim sign - Elizabeth Interiors 
Galvanized Lanterns- Target 
Mirror- Garden Centre
Cloche - Garden Centre
Rug - Muskoka Living Interiors
Pillows-Homesense
White Trunk - Vintage ( see Makeover HERE)
Woven coffee table tray - Pottery Barn
Canvas Art- Art by Leah Anderson via Thea's vintage living

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin & Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment