01

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Christmas in our Kitchen

So with 2 weeks left until Christmas..  I thought I'd share how I added some Holiday cheer to our kitchen & Breakfast area.. the most used and abused room in our house! Well it was all about simple items that wouldn't get in our way or that you can tire of too quickly... Come see our easy, neutral Christmas kitchen additions ... 

 I kept the family room more neutral this year with touches of natural elements with silver and white accents.. and since our family room is open to our Kitchen breakfast area I thought I'd keep the theme flowing within the spaces..
I hung a simple burlap 'Believe' banner off our menu chalkboard .. and continued with the 'Believe' theme over onto our large chalkboard.. where i wrote the word 'Believe' across it.

Over on our kitchen island..I added some silver ornaments inside our dessert cloche, a scented lavender mini Christmas tree.. I found the tree at my local Zehrs garden centre..Its such a simple item,  but it adds such a beautiful scent to the kitchen and a mini wooden sled where i placed my yummy Barr candle on top of. Its truly a delight to the senses when I light the candle mixed with the  subtle scent of the lavender plant.
I leaned a large sparkly wooden snowflake onto the hood fan.
2 really easy ways to add a festive touch to any kitchen would be change the tea towel to a more festive style.. for me that was keeping with the snowflake theme.. so I added a grey snowflake tea towel. Then leaned a little wooden 'Noel' ornament against our cutting boards. 
Over on our kitchen table I added a little holiday tray vignette.. Immediately it sets the tone of the room.. a lantern, a yummy scented candle, small wooden Christmas tree and a loose string of vintage glass ornaments..
Inside our little niche behind our kitchen table.. I flanked the wooden clock with 2 huge wooden trees from Homesense a few years back.. paired with a wooden 'Sleigh rides' sign right in the middle.
keeping it real simple on a side cabinet in our kitchen is a toolbox full of pine cones!!
Well hope you all enjoyed today's tour.. maybe found some holiday inspiration of your own..

Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin & Instagram!

If you missed any of my Holiday Home Posts:

You can see our Foyer & Halls decorated for Christmas HERE
You can see our Living Room decorated for Christmas HERE
You can see our Dining Room decorated for Christmas HERE
You can see our Family Room decorated for Christmas HERE
Have a great week! ;)

SHARED WITH:
Savvy Southern Style-Wow Us Wednesdays 
DIY By Design- Its a party
The Happy Housie- Work It Wednesday 


Don't Miss a post... Follow me by Email, Bloglovin & Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment