01

Friday, April 7, 2017

Spring in our Family room

Spring is starting all around us.. Over in our house little pops of color with real greenery help set the tone! Spring Pastels including soft shades of blues and aquas... See how it all turns out by clicking below...

For spring it was super important to me to tone down our usual dark brown velvet ottoman to something softer and lighter in tone.. so I chose to cheat and cover it with this piece of pastel baby blue fabric and tie it with a simple piece of cotton ribbon wrap to help keep it all in place. It does the trick while we wait to have a slip cover made to match our white sectional by a professional reupholstery company in my area. That way it will be easy to change up and wash whenever needed.
The other pops of blue come from our pillows.. these are some of my fave styles .. they bring life to our all white Ikea Ektorp sectional.
To keep things on the lighter side I styled a white wooden tray on our ottoman.. to tie in all the blues I brought up our dried blue hydrangeas planter from our basement.. These were a cool eBay find. 
I decorated our fireplace mantel by layering a pastel blue frame of our kids with a painted antique ceiling tile.. On top of the TV I leaned a vintage dutch crate along with galvanized olive bucket overflowing with a ivy plant.. I love the splash of green the ivy adds to the room.
Our Family room chairs got a recent makeover.. I replaced the linen fabric seat cushions to a classic ticking stripe fabric.. they look like nice new chairs again.. I added some throw pillow I made on top.. The blue stripe ties in perfectly with the rest of the room as well as our latest addition.. This amazing antique blue mirror. I just love the scalloped top detail.
Don't Miss a post... You can follow me on Email, Bloglovin & Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment