01

Monday, July 17, 2017

Family Room Summer Decor

First let me say I know this post is a little late coming.. But I finally had the time to switch up some of our decor the other day so I thought I'd share it anyway..hopefully it can still provide some kind of summer decor inspiration.. Summer for me is all about the nautical coastal look with fresh tones of blues and whites and lots of natural materials.
I stuck to more natural materials when decorating this summer.. One of my latest finds was this cool wooden weaved lamp shade. It gives a new textural interest to our 'Target' floor lamp base. 
The statement pillows in Deep blue and white complete our summer look... I paired navy and white striped pillows that I made with Chambray, burlap anchor and white polka dot textured pillow covers.  
 
 I love decorating with white.. obviously ;) so I had a slipcover made for our brown velvet tufted ottoman to help tie in with our white sectional sofa...Of course I had to decorate with my trusty locally made driftwood boats .. I was so excited to pull them out of hiding. White painted wooden oars hang on the wall, using boat cleats.  And a wooden Swim sign pointing to our pool all help set the tone for summer. 
I added these cute patterned anchor pillows that my mom originally made for our sons nursery to our bamboo chairs...On top of our antique trunk I leaned wooden sailboat art.
The white shell decorative balls make my antique dough bowl come to life. I love the way the white pops against the natural wood.
Well I hope everyone is enjoying the Summer weather ..whatever you may be up to. ;) More summer Room tours to come Xo
Don't Miss a post... 
You can follow me on Email, Bloglovin & Instagram!



No comments:

Post a Comment